The joys of an ordinary day!

I made a promise to myself this morning. Today I am not going to worry, crib, get angry. I will keep myself free of all those nasty emotions. My day, like any other day is going to be a little bit of messy and a little bit of wonderful. That's how an ordinary day is supposed to be. Most of our days are spent in the simple things we do. Real joy and contentment lie in how well we live our ordinary days. Let me live my ordinary day well today. So I made my bed first thing in the morning, had my tea, showered, cooked a delicious meal and went about my daily responsibilities slowly, singing and smiling all along. When I felt a need for my downtime, I stepped out for my dose of nature sounds. Over the years I have found that regular walking boosts my well being. That time in nature brings me loads of peace. I soaked in all that peace during my long walk. After I came back, I sat in silence for a few minutes. It helped to get rid of those many tiny stains that had crept in my mental space during the course of the day. Sitting in silence I could feel myself slipping into a contemplative mode. This is one time I sometimes enjoy, sometimes I dread. Because this is the time when I ask myself a lot of questions. And not all the answers I give to myself are pleasant. I decided not to indulge in questions. I'd rather do a positive self talk. Lately I have been feeling a bit low, loaded by weight of responsibilities, transition phases, health problems happening to people I love. I have been managing everything. But of course when things get prolonged beyond a certain time, you do start feeling the weight, you do feel burdened with things to be done, spiraling emotions, trying to do all you can but realizing it's not enough. But what is the use of running around with a chaotic mind trying to fix every single problem that comes your way. I realize I don't have to be more. I simply need to be myself and do what I can do. I can feel all sorts of emotions and still can have faith that everything will turn out to be okay. I can feel the sadness, the anger, the fear, the worry and still have faith. I reminded myself that there will be chaos. But there is going to be beauty in the chaos too. I only need to look for it. In these times, where society standards are important, where making comparisons are like second nature, I pray that may I have strength to do what I like, to say what I mean and to be who I really am. May I listen to my inner voice which has always been my guiding force. I have and I always will encourage to not let anyone tell you that you are not good enough that you don't have enough. You have what you need. You will have what you will need. All you need to do is have faith. Most of the joys are found in the simple things we do. It's not always about the bigger, the faster, the better . Look for the joys in the ordinary. You don't always need to be up and about chasing happiness. Be still, enjoy the silence, appreciate the now. Find the beauty in the ordinary. None of us know for sure what is going to come next. What is the need and the hurry to know it? Let's be okay not knowing it. Let's be okay where we are right now!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A touch of love

The wild in me