Dark Silhouette

I am standing on a beach

I am waiting for a light

But I can't see it yet

Nothing is going right

Everything is a mess

It's too dark to see ahead


I am ashore 

Waiting for a ship

To sail me somewhere afresh

Where?..I know nothing of..

My life is clouded

Too slippery to catch hold of


It still is a mystery to me

Why life denied me something I had yearned for

Etched in my memories are the happy times of yesterday 

Of today, I have nothing to hold on to

I have sacrificed my dreams on the altar of reality

Feeling like a statue, carved but not painted


I spend my days alone

Shuffling the pages of this play

Hoping to give it a brand new end

Since the start can't be made the other way


So here I am, tapping my feet

Sad enough, I am losing my grip

Saving myself of tears,I reflect

Am I losing myself to fate


I wish I could scream and shout 

For, against the setting sun,

All I am, is a dark silhouette





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The joys of an ordinary day!

A touch of love

The wild in me