August

August brings heavier rains, stronger winds and cold mornings. And there are days of stormy days, raging winds and continuous rainfall. But we do start getting a few days of sunlight which had been missing in the last two months. It never stays for long, but those small pockets of golden light feel precious after nearly two months of living under clouds.

Here you can't say which part of the day is going to be cold. Today it's a cold morning, tomorrow might bring a cold afternoon, and the day after a cold evening. This happens in any month. But August has many cold days with rains.

August has a personality of its own. August is the time when the city starts to feel like itself again. When I had shifted here it took me almost two years to understand the weather patterns. And the surprising thing is that the weather doesn't stick to a predictable pattern. It keeps changing. 

I love the August rains. Can't get enough of this windy cold weather. Had missed it over the summers. August also brings the festive season. The celebrations and the rains are inseparable in my mind. Our community festivals always feel special because they happen against the backdrop of heavy rains. This is something I have experienced only in this city. The lights, the music, the laughter, and above all, the possibility of rain—it all comes together to make an atmosphere I now call home.

Whenever I leave for an outdoor event, I almost expect it to rain. The skies can change in minutes. A bright afternoon can become a drizzly evening before you even notice. It can pour without warning. That's how this city is. So I don't feel surprised anymore. I simply smile and carry on. An umbrella in my bag is a constant, though.

I've attended so many outdoor events where the rain became part of the experience. Even under sheltered patios, the wind carries tiny splashes of drizzle that find their way to everyone. The cool mist settles on my face, I feel the dampness of my dress and the conversations continue as though nothing unusual is happening. 

You cannot keep the rain completely out. That's just how this city is. 

My heart is full now with the heavy rains engulfing my days and nights. I enjoy getting wet in the rain. Sometimes I ditch the umbrella and run when it pours. Oh my..That really fills me up with joy. The kind that makes you feel completely alive.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The joys of an ordinary day!

A touch of love

The wild in me