Open windows
I must have been around 8 years old when I read a story of a little princess who lived in a big castle in a super big garden full of many flowers and trees and a big fountain. She used to sleep every night with her big windows open. She was growing up to be a beautiful girl.
This story stuck in my mind. I wanted to live like the little princess and be beautiful like her. I started sleeping with my windows open. My parents noticed this change that I was insisting on opening windows every night. Soon winters came around the corner. My parents started gently telling me I should close the windows at night. But I would get distressed and talk them out of it. I want to live like the little princess, I want to sleep with open windows, I would tell myself.
My dad seeing my unwillingness to close windows suggested that I should wear a monkey cap as it was getting very cold during late nights and early mornings. But I told him nothing will happen and that I like my open windows.
Until one day when I woke up with a cold. I ran to my dad, "Papa..I need a monkey cap. I have a cold." My dad laughed and said "Okay, I will get you one today." And I started wearing monkey cap every night to sleep. And made sure the windows were open every night. So that's the story of a little girl who refused to sleep with closed windows.
Comments
Post a Comment