Soft Sadness

I called sadness to sit with me

We hugged each other

and watched the fading sunlight on the walls,

breathing in the smell of rain

lingering in the evening air.

I loved the comfort sadness gave me,

and I slept in her arms,

allowing her to hold me

for a little while longer.

I felt like a tired bird

finally finding a place to rest.

When I felt better,

she waved goodbye to me,

happy to see me smile.

“See you next time,” she said.

“Enjoy life when I am not around.

But sometimes,

I have to come visit you.

That is the law of nature.

But we are good with each other,

so do not worry, my dear.”

And thus, she left,

leaving me with hopes of better days and sunshine

leaving me in the company of songs of the wind,

and comfort of the meadows.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The joys of an ordinary day!

A touch of love

The wild in me