Still a chai girl

In this world of cafe lattes, cappuccinos and espressos I am still a chai girl. I have my own little ritual of making tea everyday. I love the aroma as the tea slowly comes to a boil. Especially during the rainy season, there is something deeply comforting about making my own cup of tea.

Why is the modern culture so much into coffee and coffeeshops? In my city the coffeeshops are bustling with people on almost every street. The coffee lifestyle here has been heavily influenced by the West. 

I do go to coffeeshops and I really like the coffee, the music and the lively atmosphere. But at home I always prefer to have tea. Maybe it's because I'm not much of a culinary adventurer. I don't find myself exploring different varieties of even tea - Darjeeling, Assam or exotic blends. I like my tea just the way I have always known it. 

I learnt and started making tea regularly during my study break for 10th board exams. I remember the warm, sunny afternoons when I would simmer my own cup of tea. I would happily immerse myself in all of my thick textbooks for hours after having a hot cup of tea. And that became a part of my study habit. Somewhere along the way, making tea became more than a habit—it became a ritual before I began my work. Some things grow on us slowly and become a part of us without us realising it. 

I do wonder why I find it difficult to follow trends. Following trends seems shallow to me. I just can't do something just because everyone else seems to be doing it. I won't do it until it means something to me. And my preference to tea over coffee somehow aligns with that value of mine. It's a small everyday choice that keeps me close to myself.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The joys of an ordinary day!

A touch of love

The wild in me