The girl I am

It was a day of warm showers and barefoot walks. I had been craving a day like this. A walk in the cold breezy weather in the company of chirping birds had relaxed me already. I spent the afternoon in good company, dipping my feet into small pools of water. The night had fallen slowly. I lay on the grass staring at the starry night. And I gave some thought to myself. To the girl I am. The one whose soul dances in poetry, whose heart beats in rhythm with music, who finds beauty in flowers and paintings, who cries over songs and books, who needs no other reason than love to smile and laugh, who is enchanted by starry nights, who never settles for shallow waters, whose spirit believes only in flying, who wants to look at the future and see light, who is untouched by noise and distractions, who can see others' aching truths and silent dreams without judgement, whose eyes see storms and stardust and whose soul chooses to embrace both.

I had been away from this girl. Away from myself. After being away from myself for a long time, it feels good to come back. I had forgotten how deeply I loved her. How could I let that happen to me? Why did I let myself slip away? It hurts. I feel scared. What if I lose my way again? If I lose my way one more time I might never find my way back. But I don't want to be afraid. I want to be brave in my own being, brave enough to stay true to the girl I am.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The joys of an ordinary day!

A touch of love

The wild in me