The hill and the cloud
The hill stood
Proud, bathing in the sunshine
Surrounded by the vast meadows
Came along a cloud dancing in the sunshine and the wind
The hill was having a good day
It waved Hi to the cloud happily
The cloud waved back happily
It was in a good mood too
"Where are you off to?" asked the hill
"I am on my way to chase my dreams. I have been dreaming all along. And the time has come to live my dreams", said the cloud.
"That's great to hear. Do tell me more about yourself", said the hill. And they chatted happily like old friends sharing their happiness and dreams.
The hill was elated in the company of the boisterous, mischievous cloud and laughed at its funny stories.
The cloud was touched by the hill's stillness, genuine listening and encouraging nature.
The hill confessed that although it can never travel, it has always dreamed of seeing the world.
"Don't worry. I'll come visit you and tell you all the stories of what I saw in the world", said the cloud.
Some time later the cloud confessed "I am a cloud. I don't have a home."
The hill said "Don't worry. You can always come visit me."
They held hands and promised each other they would meet again.
Off went the cloud on its journey forward.
A few days later the cloud remembered the hill and planned to visit it.
The hill was elated to see the cloud. The cloud told the hill stories so vividly that the hill felt as though it had sailed the seas, crossed forests, and touched the stars.
The cloud had to go again. They both held hands and promised something to each other. They will always be friends, each other's safe space. The cloud will always be the hill's wings and the hill will always be the cloud's home. Because the best of friends help each other fly and keep each other grounded.
Comments
Post a Comment